Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Make a Quilt

One of the things I would like to achieve in life, is something that scares me quite a lot. I would like to make a Quilt. Maybe it doesn't sound that big of a deal, but as somebody much more comfortable with a paintbrush than a sewing machine, I can assure you the thought of it stresses me out. Last week a book arrived in the mail from my mum. It is titled "Crazy Shortcut Quilts". Upon reading a little of this book I decided to go and purchase some quilting essentials. I thought I knew roughly what I needed.. All I can say is that I am so glad my husband was involuntarily there in the middle of Spotlight with me, and that with him was his mathematically wired brain complete with amazing practical problem solving capabilities.. Who would've thought it could be so complicated? So I think I am nearly ready to go, still playing around with fabrics and I have a painting to get off the easel, paint to put right away before I get the sewing machine out. My quilt may not necessarily end up like the ones in the book. I'm sure it will be crazy, there will be many shortcuts.. but hopefully in the end it will be quilt-like enough to cross 'Make a Quilt' off my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment