Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Red Rocking Chair, and a White Christmas Tree!

Well I have been fairly quiet on here I know.. but I haven't exactly been taking it easy! Admittedly I haven't really been doing much towards my art career.. but I've still been creating and thats all that matters! I had some leftover red paint from my table (which is now sitting looking so fine in my office).. so I decided to put a coat on this old rocking chair I have had sitting in the laundry waiting to be revived. Tomorrow I will be either fabric or cushion shopping - depending on how much I feel like sewing!

Then today, as we were driving to an art shop, we passed an antique shop and in the window was a white tree.. just caught a glimpse of it, but it was enough to start me scanning the streets for a dead tree or a branch that I could turn into my very own 'white tree'. So much to my husbands dismay.. began the search for a ' dead tree'. After a very humour-filled evening with a very remarkable and patient husband, we ended up finding the best dead tree looking branch we could.. some gravel, a pot and a coat of paint later..

I'm sure this won't be the last post about this tree.. I have some ideas, and tomorrow will be decorating day!

1 comment:

  1. So... anything happened with the 'dead' tree - have you made it come alive with some awesome creation yet?! C.

    ReplyDelete