Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Empowering Aprons


I love my apron. Whenever I feel less than motivated in my kitchen, or unkept and daggy in my often paint spattered clothes, i slip it over my head. I instantly feel beautiful, feminine and empowered. Instead of feeling bound to housewife duties.. cooking, baking, cleaning.. i feel free. And with that freedom comes an overwhelming desire to fill the house with the delicious smells of something that I usually couldn't be bothered with! I can't wait to make one of these aprons. Maybe in some gorgeous Amy Butler colours.. But first I need to practice binding.. because on this little number, there is lots! As promised, here is a link to a gorgeous pattern by Susan Branch. Apron Pattern
Make sure you share it with me if you make one!

No comments:

Post a Comment