Wednesday, January 28, 2009

An Update.. and a Committment

Two things - the first, I have been having so many issues lately. The main was my computer crashing, for days I had no idea whether my hard drive was going to be ok, but today I found out that it is.. and quickly retrieved all of my artwork files. Pheeeew! I have ordered a new computer, and can't wait for it to arrive.

The second thing is.. well, I'm writing this small and hoping to be a little bit inconspicuous.. because, I think I'm scared of what it might mean! I know once I write it here I am committed, not just to myself but to you! While I have been without a computer, I have realised just what I am capable of achieving in a day if I am shut in my studio with no distractions. I realise I need a much better balance - less research/marketing, MUCH more painting. So before my new computer arrives I am committing myself to producing 1 (one) artwork a day. I know it doesn't sound like much, but its quite a committment. Here are the conditions:

Everyday I will complete an artwork, to a selling standard. It can be digital artwork, or a painting, illustration etc. It can be any size. Some days I'm unable to update my blog, and I generally don't write (and try not to work) on weekends. The only conditions I can break this committment on are sickness, holidays, or if I go back to full time work. (I have been job searching.)

So watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment